The starting salary for a police officer is $46,633 - $54,537. Starting salary varies based on the applicant’s prior experience, education and training. Top pay for a Senior Police Officer is currently $79,684.
The starting salary for an Emergency Communications Officer is $38,376 - $47,112, dependent on the applicant's prior experience, education and training. Top pay for a Senior ECO is currently $65,561.
The Department’s Career Ladder Program encourages professional development by providing a 5 percent pay increase with each advancement. The Career Ladder pay increase is in addition to an annual merit raise. Steps within the Career Ladder include:
Police Officer I
Police Officer II
Emergency Communications Officer
Emergency Communications Officer I
Emergency Communications Officer II
Senior Emergency Communications Officer
Emergency Communications Supervisor
The Town also provides a generous benefits package that includes:
- Paid Parental Leave
- 12 days paid Holiday Leave
- Annual Vacation and Sick Leave
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 5% Employer Contribution to 401(k)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance (Additional voluntary benefit products available)
- Local Government Employee Retirement System (LGERS) Pension
- Tuition Assistance
- Uniform and Equipment Provided
Additional details regarding benefits and pay can be found here.