Residential yard waste resulting from landscaping includes grass clippings, brush, leaves and limbs, and is collected each week at the curb on your regular garbage collection day. Yard waste may be collected on a different day due to holiday collection schedules or after a major storm. The Town also conducts an annual loose leaf collection program.
Christmas Tree Collection
Search "Christmas Tree" in the Waste Wizard to learn how to prepare your tree for curbside pickup.
Find Your Schedule
Please help protect the safety of our collectors and ensure your yard waste is collected on time by following these guidelines:
- Place yard waste at the curb by 7 a.m. on your regular collection day.
- Place yard waste in either/or
- reusable containers with handles (maximum 32 gallon container, 25 pounds each)
- paper bags (25 – 50 pounds max)
- securely tied bundles that are small enough for one person to handle, not more than four (4) feet in length, not more than twenty-four (24) inches in diameter and with no individual pieces more than four (4) inches in diameter.
- Limbs must be less than four feet in length and less than four inches in diameter.
- The maximum volume of curbside yard waste consisting of reusable containers, paper bags, or securely tied bundles (see guidelines above) for regular collection at each home on one day cannot exceed 240 cubic feet (8 feet long by 5 feet wide by 6 feet tall).
Unfortunately, yard waste contained in plastic bags or mixed with soil, rocks and trash will not be collected. Contractors are not permitted to use the Citizen's Convenience Center for disposal but can take it to a commercial yard waste disposal facility.
The Town offers a “Chipper Service” to help cut and grind tree limbs longer than 4 feet. Limbs must be less than 14 inches in diameter. Call 311 or (919) 469-4090 for more information or to schedule a chipper service appointment (fees apply). Submit a Request
Turn your organic materials into a rich soil amendment. Learn more about composting.