Placement of Your Cart
- Place your cart at the curb by 7 a.m. on your collection day.
- Set the cart so that the arrows on the lid point toward the street.
- The cart should be placed away from light poles, mailboxes or fire hydrants, with ample room between each cart and yard waste.
- Emptied carts should be removed from the curb no later than 6 a.m. the day after collection.
- Carts must be stored behind the building line of the side of the structure facing the principal street.
- If a cart is stored in front of the building line, it must be stored in an enclosed structure so that it cannot be seen from the street.
Recycling: Request a second cart (fee may apply) or, if you have a 65-gallon cart you may switch to a larger 95-gallon cart at no fee.
Garbage: Request a second cart for a fee added to your monthly utility bill or, if you have a 65-gallon cart you may switch to a larger 95-gallon cart at no fee.
Multiple cart exchanges will be subject to a fee per exchange. To order additional carts, please submit a request, or call 311.
Citizens may also request a special collection for excess waste; fee applies, submit a request or call 311.
Customers with Physical Limitations
We offer curbside collection assistance to individuals who, because of permanent or temporary physical disability, are unable to bring their garbage and recycling carts to the curb. This service is provided only to qualified residents. If your doctor feels that you are physically unable to bring your roll out cart to the curb, please print and complete a Curbside Assistance Request Form, including signature and verification from your physician. You or your doctor’s office may return the completed form by mail or fax, listed at the top of the application. The Town will review each individual application for approval.
Submit a request