Household Hazardous Waste

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
Household hazardous waste should not be disposed of with your ordinary trash and includes:
  • Corrosive products that burn the skin such as oven cleaners, bleach and auto batteries.
  • Reactive wastes that give off toxic gases such as chlorine.
  • Toxic household items including pesticides, herbicides and antifreeze.
  • Ignitable wastes including gasoline, turpentine, motor oil and other flammable materials.
  • Mercury-containing products 

Search your material here to find out how to dispose of it

Motor Oil and Filters
Town of Cary solid waste customers who need to dispose of used motor oil and filters can call 311 or (919) 469-4090, or submit a request to arrange a curbside pickup at no extra charge.