Curbside Collection

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Town-issued rollout carts are for household garbage and recycling. Our trucks are equipped with an automated arm to dump each cart at the curb. Yard waste is collected on the same day as your household garbage and recycling. 

Using Rollout Carts Properly
  • Place your cart at the curb no earlier than dusk the night before your collection day and no later than 7 a.m. on your collection day.
  • Set the cart at the curb with the arrows pointing to the street as indicated on the lid.
  • Keep your cart out of the roadway and away from light poles, mailboxes and fire hydrants.
  • Leave ample room between your cart(s) (garbage and recycling) and your yard waste. 
  • Remove the emptied cart from the curb before 6 a.m. the next day.

Take excess garbage that will not fit inside your cart o the Citizen's Convenience Center , 313 N. Dixon Ave.,  at no charge.  You can also submit a request, or call 311 to schedule a special collection; fee may apply.

Need another cart? The charge for each additional garbage cart is $4 per month and will be added to your utility bill; call 311 or submit a request.

Customers with Physical Limitations

We offer curbside collection assistance to individuals who, because of permanent or temporary physical disability, are unable to bring their garbage and recycling carts to the curb. This service is provided only to qualified residents. If your doctor feels that you are physically unable to bring your rollout cart to the curb, please print and complete a Curbside Assistance Request Form, including signature and verification from your physician. You or your doctor’s office may return the completed form by mail or fax, listed at the top of the application. The Town will review each individual application for approval.

Additional Information