April 6, 2019 - Downtown Cary
5K, 5-Miler (as part of the 2019 Second Empire Grand Prix Series), and Fun Run
Join us for the 41st Cary Road Race in Downtown Cary! In addition to a 5K, 5-Miler, and Fun Run, enjoy live music, food trucks, local beer, family-friendly activities, and more. Don't miss one of Cary's hallmark events!
Schedule of Events
- 7-8:15 a.m.: Race Day Registration and packet pick-up
- 8:30 a.m.: Start of the 5 Miler
- 8:45 a.m.: Start of the 5K
- 10 a.m.: Start of Fun Run
Entry & Registration Information
Register Online - Registration Open!
Race Day Registration: $35
Fun Run: No charge, but registration is required
Please note - Registration fee does not include moisture wicking T-shirt; if you'd like to purchase, please add $10 for each.
The awards ceremony for each race will be held approximately 30 minutes after the last participant finishes the race. All runners will have their time recorded in the race results and will be eligible for awards.
Awards will be given for the following:
- Top three overall male and female winners in each race
- Top three male and female master and grand master finishers in each race
- Top three male and female in each division (anyone who wins an overall award, masters award or grand masters award will not be eligible for divisional awards)
- The youngest and oldest runners
- Fun Run participants will receive ribbons
Cary Town Hall Campus - 101 Wilkinson Avenue
Public Lots on Walker Street and at Walker Street & Waldo Street
Cary Arts Center - 101 Dry Avenue
Timing and results by Young & Associates. Runners use BibTag Timing System. Splits called at each mile.
Proceeds for the Cary Road Race are earmarked for local youth sports, fitness, and trails/greenway projects. Past projects include Cary High School track resurfacing; contributions to Kids Together playground and Triangle Area Special Olympics athletes. There are more than 80 miles of greenways and trails in the Cary area, with many linking to state and county trails.
Special Thanks to our Sponsors!
Interested in Volunteering?
The support of volunteers make this event possible! Volunteers help with timing, water stops, registration, and the Fun Run. If you are interested in volunteering for the Cary Road Race, please contact Kirk Matthews for more information.
Operations & Program Supervisor-Sports