The Cary Pickleball Association and the Town of Cary host the Annual Cary Doubles Tournament. The tournament welcomes spectators during the championship at no charge.
2020 Event has been Canceled.
The tournament will be open to adults, aged 50 or older by December 31, 2020. Players can compete in one single-age category in Men’s Doubles, Women’s Doubles and Mixed Doubles. Age groups will be, 50-59, 60-69, and 70+. Age groups will be determined by the age of the youngest doubles player. Registration deadline is April 17, 2020. Registration limited to the first 100 participants.
$30 (One Player/One Event)
$35 per participant (One Player/Two Events)
All registrations include an official Tournament Shirt!
Men's, Women's, Mixed Doubles
50-59, 60-69, 70+
Age Divisions may be combined or separated as needed to make competitive brackets.
(Bracket Minimum 4 teams/Maximum 10 teams)
- Teams will not be seeded. Brackets will be determined by random draw. The format will be double elimination.
- Preliminary matches will consist of one game to 15 points (win by two).
- All medal matches are best two games out of three to 11 points.
- The “if necessary” match will be one game to 15.
- Tournament will be governed by the official USAPA rules and regulations. Tournament committee reserves the right to modify the tournament format as needed.
USAPA Approved Indoor Balls. The tournament will be played indoors on a wood floor.
The event format and schedule will be released one week prior to tournament. Players may need to be available on all tournament days between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. depending on final tournament schedule.
Friday: Men's & Women's (60+, 70+)
Saturday: All Mixed Brackets
Sunday: Men's & Women's (50-59 Bracket)
Thursday, April 30 from noon-5 p.m. OR Friday- & Saturday from 8-8:30 a.m. and Sunday 10:30 a.m. at Bond Park Community Center.
- Brackets will be released by Wednesday, April 22.
- Courts will be available for practice on Thursday, April 30, from noon-5 p.m., with individual players yielding priority to practicing teams.
- Bond Park Community Center will open at 8 a.m. each tournament day for check-in and warm-up. Opening statements will be at 8:45 a.m. and match play will begin at 9 a.m. on each day.
- All matches will be held indoors on wooden gym flooring and official USAPA Approved Indoor Balls will be used. All matches will have a volunteer court manager, who will initiate the match and keep track of the score. Line judges will be available for medal matches only.
- A coin toss will determine first choice of service or side.
- The tournament committee reserves the right to exercise some schedule flexibility, and match times will be adjusted accordingly. Therefore, it is required that all players check in at least 30 minutes prior to their scheduled start time.
Awards for first, second, and third place.
2020 Tournament Sponsors
2020 Event has been canceled.
Special thanks to all the 2019 tournament sponsors!
Dr. Stephen F. Kosterman Chiropractor, PA
The Joint Chiropractic
Knuckles Realty & Property Management
Saving Grace Animal Rescue
Sports & More Physical Therapy