Please see the table below for current status of park facilities.
|Hemlock Bluffs Nature Preserve||Open - follow posted gate opening times|
|Stevens Nature Center||Closed|
|Children's Nature Trail||Open|
The nature preserve gates open at 9 a.m. and close at sunset. Please check the sign at the gate or trail-head kiosk for the exact closing time. Entrance before or after these hours is considered dangerous and trespassing.
Hemlock Bluffs Nature Preserve is home to a unique community of Eastern Hemlock trees and other mountain plant species, access to approximately 3 miles of mulched nature trails, scenic overlooks, excellent bird and wildlife watching opportunities and areas for quiet nature reflection.
The Stevens Nature Center provides interactive, educational nature exhibits and historical exhibits from the Piedmont of North Carolina. The nature center also provides nature interpretation and environmental education programs for all ages throughout the year. Stevens Nature Center is currently closed.
- For your safety and the protection of the preserve, stay on the trails.
- Bicycles, skateboards, roller-blades, motorized vehicles, and horses are not permitted on the trails.
- No hunting, fishing or trapping.
- No release of captured animals.
- This is a nature preserve; collection, removal, or disturbance of any natural object is prohibited.
- No smoking or fires permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages prohibited.
- Pets must be on a 6 foot leash. Keep dogs on the trail. Cary ordinances require that you clean up after your pet.
- Picnicking is discouraged.