2139 Old Reedy Creek Road
The trailhead is located on Wake County and Town of Cary property between the Lake Crabtree dam and Old Reedy Creek Road. It is the starting point for the Town’s 7-mile Black Creek Greenway and an access point for the East Coast Greenway which runs west on Black Creek Greenway and east through Umstead State Park on Reedy Creek Greenway. These trails connect westward to White Oak Creek Greenway, and the American Tobacco Trail and eastward through Raleigh then southwards along the Neuse River. The trailhead also provides access to scenic Lake Crabtree overlooks, Wake County’s mountain bike trails linking to Lake Crabtree County Park, and hiking and biking trails within the 5,000-acre Umstead State Park.
Note: The connection from the trailhead to Umstead State Park is 0.6 mile on Old Reedy Creek Road, which is gravel beyond the I-40 bridge. The Reedy Creek section of East Coast Greenway through Umstead State Park is paved with gravel/screenings, not asphalt.
- 82 parking spaces
- Trail connection to the end of the Black Creek Greenway and the East Coast Greenway
- Small nonreservable shelter with 3 tables and a grill
- Bike fix-it station with repair tools
- Drinking fountain with bottle filler and pet dish
- Kiosk with display maps of regional and local trail systems
Google directions to 2139 Old Reedy Creek Road Trailhead
Sunrise to sunset