In support of Wake County’s announcement of restrictions designed to slow the spread of COVID-19, the Town of Cary has closed playgrounds effective Monday, March 23 at 8 a.m. until further notice. Greenways, parks, and restrooms within parks will remain open at this time. Per Governor Cooper's Executive Order 147, masks are now required in all public spaces where social distancing is not possible at all times. Learn more.
Also home to the Middle Creek Community Center, Middle Creek School Park has 105 beautiful acres and is located adjacent to Middle Creek High School in south Cary. The park opened in 2001 and represents a collaborative effort between the Town of Cary and the Wake County Public School System. Park visitors may enjoy a game of tennis, participate in a softball or baseball game, use large multi-purpose athletic fields, enjoy a round of disc golf, walk the scenic trails, or use the picnic shelter for a family outing while enjoying the adjacent playground and open lawn.
- Athletic Complex with four lighted baseball/softball fields with restrooms
- Two multi-purpose fields (lighted) with restrooms
- 18-Hole Disc Golf Course
- Two basketball courts
- Eight tennis courts (lighted) with restrooms
- Picnic shelter (available on a first come, first serve basis)
- Play area with adjacent open lawn area
- 0.50 miles of paved trail around softball fields
- 0.33 miles of paved trail around multi-purpose fields
For all tennis related inquiries, contact the Cary Tennis Park at (919) 462-2061.
For community center room rental and program information, contact Middle Creek Community Center at (919) 771-1295.
For picnic shelter rental contact a Town Community Center.
Sunrise to Sunset. In lighted areas where visitors are participating in an approved extended-use activity, hours are extended until 30 minutes after the completion of the approved activity.