The Annie L. Jones Greenway is comprised of three trails located within the Scottish Hills Community between SW Cary Parkway and Old Apex Road. Currently the trail surface is a combination of crushed stone and asphalt. The combined length of the three trail segments is 1.13 miles. These trails are over 18 years old and the Town is undertaking a renovation project to improve each of the trail segments.
- This project consists of replacing old undersized culverts and realigning the trail adjacent to the culvert.
This project is complete.
- Removing the existing asphalt trail within Annie L. Jones park adjacent to the playground
- New trail to be concrete (10’ width) and relocated so that it runs thru the park providing a better connection with the park
- Construction begins July 2008 and completed by September 2008
- Budget: $95,000
- The scope of this project would analyze the remaining segments of trail for the purpose of developing a renovation plan. The intention of the renovation plan will be to improve access, improve drainage, replace bridge and reduce impacts to the trail from the adjacent tributaries. The Trail may be required to be realigned in some sections to minimize environmental impacts.
- Schedule: TBD
Paul A. Kuhn, PLA, ASLA
Facilities Design & Construction Manager
Transportation & Facilities Department
Town of Cary