Community gardens help preserve and protect the environment and promote a healthy and sustainable lifestyle. In Cary, we believe they are one of the attributes of a remarkable community. Cary has two community garden programs for our citizens. We also support dozens of community garden programs at area schools, churches and other public locations through our Spruce Program's tool lending opportunities.
We hope you'll join us in the garden to take a stroll, volunteer for a work day, or rent a plot to grow your own vegetables!
Cary Senior Center Community Garden - Open to Cary residents age 55+
Carpenter Park Community Garden - Open to all Cary residents
Community Garden Resources
- A map of community gardens in Cary and the greater Triangle area
- A listing of community gardens in NC
- Neighborhood Improvement Grant Program
- Resources for Gardening with Children
- National Gardening Association
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Ten Steps to Starting a Community Garden
Environmental Outreach Program Coordinator
Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources
P.O. Box 8005
Cary, NC 27512-8005