Our experienced instructors teach all camps, programs, and private lessons. They are selected based on skills, teaching abilities, and customer service values as well as a variety of other qualities. Instructors are CPR and first aid certified. Our instructors are always working to improve their skills in order to become better teachers and leaders.
Private lessons are recommended for students with specific goals or those who learn better one-on-one for any skill. All private lessons are booked through the Sk8-Cary Pro-Shop in person or by phone at (919) 380-2970. Lessons are available during open sessions of the corresponding sport. You may request certain instructors or our staff can help place you with an instructor.
A private, one-hour lesson costs $35 for members and $40 for nonmembers. To save you money, we offer packs of four lessons at $120 for members and $140 for nonmembers.
We can conduct inclusion services in every program and lesson that we offer. Let us know what you need and we will do our best to accommodate you and/or your child.
Sk8-Cary offers programs for all skill levels and ages. We have summer and track-out camps led by experienced instructors who have gone through CPR, AED, First Aid, and other safety trainings. Action sports are for everyone!
Skateboard, Inline Skating, Non-folding Scooter, Parkour, RC Car, and BMX parties are a great way to celebrate your birthday. Experienced instructors lead your party in activities and games in a private two-hour session. Our parties take place before the park opens on Saturdays or Sundays, 10 a.m.–noon so you’ll have the whole place to yourself! After the session, you’ll have a table reserved for the remainder of your celebration. Paper products, pizza, refreshments, rental safety gear, and a blank skate deck for guests to sign are all included! Party is for 6 children, including the birthday child.
Birthday Parties must be booked directly through Sk8-Cary. Call (919) 380-2970 or email Veronica Thring for more information and availability.
Rentals and Custom Programs
The Sk8-Cary course can be rented out for private programs or other events. If you don't see a program that fits your needs, please email Billy Dexter.
As an action sports participant, it is important to know your abilities. Please take a look at the skill divisions below to figure out where you are. This information is helpful in deciding which programs to sign up for and assigning instructors to lessons.
- Experimenting with balancing on a skateboard, scooter, or skates
- Expressing an interest in action sports
- New to action sports park scene
- Not comfortable during open sessions
- Learning skate park etiquette, not comfortable during busy sessions
- Working on flat-ground skills
- Learning to roll down ramps as opposed to dropping in
- Learning skills such as kick-turns and carving on ramps
- Able to drop in, in addition to rolling down ramps
- Comfortable during open sessions while exhibiting skate park etiquette
- Able to maintain speed up and down ramps (pumping) throughout park
- Able to perform many basic skills of sport
- Able to perform many maneuvers, skills, and tricks
- Able to give advice to others during open session regarding skills and etiquette
- Consistently making new goals and trying new tricks/skills
Sk8 Cary | 2040 NW Maynard Rd, Cary, NC 27513 | (919) 380-2970