- Seven post-tension concrete tennis courts
- A concourse for players to gather while waiting for their court
- Two restrooms
- An indirect LED lighting system
What does covered court actually mean?
A covered tennis court differs from a true indoor tennis court in that an indoor court is a fully insulated and conditioned space. The covered courts have a metal roof and sides down to 12 feet with some insulation. At the 12-foot mark, fencing -- the same as the fencing around the outdoor courts -- encloses the building. This fencing has windscreens and a vinyl wrap to block the wind.
What type of access will I have to the covered courts?
The covered courts will be scheduled to include the following:
- Basic reservations: This includes ladder matches, league matches and general play.
- Programming: Youth programs will have priority access to the covered facility in the afternoons. As the schedule moves into the evening hours, the courts will open up for rentals (this is similar to how the outdoor courts are scheduled now).
- Tournaments: Not all tournaments will have priority use of the covered courts. High-profile events such as the ACCs, the ATP Tour, Atlantic Tire Championships, and events with participants from across the region or nation will use the covered courts if there is inclement weather.
- Seasonal leagues: Junior Team Tennis Winter leagues will be offered in the covered courts.
- Contract time: Patrons will have the ability to purchase seasonal contract time. (Contract time is the purchase of a block of time for a set amount of weeks. For example, a patron could purchase Mondays, 9-10:30 a.m. for 12 weeks). More information on contract time will be available in the coming months.
- Private Lessons: Private lessons will be available on the covered courts with any Tennis Park teaching staff. Covered court fees will apply in addition to the lesson fee.
How far in advance can I book a court?
A covered court may be reserved up to two days in advance. Reservations must be made by contacting the front desk and payments must be made in advance and are non-refundable.
Do CTP Annual Pass holders get a discounted rate?
Yes, if you are a Cary Tennis Park Annual Pass holder, you get a reduced court rental fee per hour. Annual Passholders will pay only $30 an hour as opposed to the regular $34 (Resident)/$38 (Nonresident Rate). This does not apply to 40 or 60 hour pass holders. Please alert the front desk staff that you have an Annual Pass, at time of booking, in order to get the discounted rate.
If it rains during a tournament hosted by CTP, does play automatically go onto the covered courts?
USTA Sanctioned tournaments at the Regional or National Level will and high profile events such as the ACC Tennis Championships or Atlantic Tire Championships automatically go into the covered courts in the event of inclement weather. Other events will have limited or no access to the covered courts.