Events for "Take A Child Outside Week" with the Town of Cary!
Take A Child Outside is an international program encouraging children and adults to spend time together outdoors. It first began in North Carolina and has since spread across the nation and to other countries. It is a week-long event with the goal of helping children develop a better understanding and appreciation of the environment and an enthusiasm for exploring the natural world.
Family Campout @ Bond Park
115335 | Sat. Oct. 13 |3 p.m. program registration
Note: This event was rescheduled from Sep 22 due to potential thunderstorms.
Join us for a day of fun filled family activities in the outdoors right here at Bond Park
Enjoy, hikes, crafts and boating right here in Bond Park. We will have a full menu of outdoor activities for all family members including outdoor skills, fishing and free private boat launches. Also for that day only enjoy half price pedal boat rentals for families.
Sun. Sep. 23 | 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. | FREE
- Canoe Lessons @ 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Learn the basics of canoeing so that you feel comfortable going out on the lake as a family.
- Fishing Clinic @ 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (walk-up)
- Join US Angler Tony Forte for help and advice on how to fish. Limited loaner equipment available. Cane poles for sale at the Boathouse.
- Crafts @ 11 a.m.-5 p.m. (walk-up)
- Nature Hike @ 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- Orienteering Class @ 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Learn how to use a compass to find way points. After class test your skills on Bond Park's Orienteering Course.
- Live Music by Big Bang Boom @ 3-5 p.m.
- Note: The food truck scheduled for the event has canceled.