Each year, the Cary community comes together to celebrate the culture and heritage of the Jewish religion and people. This year, we celebrate Sukkot, the harvest holiday! This year's program includes:
- Jewish bluegrass music from Nefesh Mountain
- Kosher cook-out favorites by Chabad of Cary
- Make a decoration for the sukkah!
- Food trucks Hot Chix and Fresh. Local Ice Cream
- Eat in the sukkah
- Kids craft to take home
- Learn about the lulav and etrog
- Story Time with PJ Library
- Meet representatives of our partner organizations
- Bring a grocery store gift card or non-perishable food item for Jewish Family Services food pantry
Each year, the Cary community comes together to celebrate the culture and heritage of the Jewish religion and people. This is an opportunity for all to learn more about Judaism and recognize Jewish culture as part of Cary's diverse cultural landscape. Festival events include:
- Jewish music
- Traditional Jewish and Kosher foods
- Tzedakah - the opportunity to make a charitable contribution
- Seminars on interesting topics for adults
- Information tables by local Jewish organizations
- Jewish/Israeli dancing
The Jewish Cultural Festival travels across the calendar as each year a different holiday is featured. For 2018, the holiday is Sukkot, the harvest festival. Other holidays celebrated at the Jewish Cultural Festival have been Hanukkah, Purim, and Passover.
The Jewish Cultural Festival is presented by the Town of Cary in cooperation with Congregation Beth Shalom, Chabad of Cary, the Raleigh-Cary Jewish Community Center, and the Jewish Federation of Raleigh-Cary.