The Children’s Village is a fun and interactive area providing a place for parents and their children to hang out and have a fun time, whatever their age. This section of the festival will feature interactive exhibits and hand-on crafts especially geared towards the younger set. Exercise your imagination in the woodland wonderland and enjoy making fun crafts to take home with you.
The Children’s Village is located in and around the Lazy Daze Playground. The Lazy Daze Playground was dedicated in 1985. An $8,000 grant from the Lazy Daze Arts & Crafts Festival Committee and a matching grant from Wake County were included in the funding.
Children's Village Activities
- Get your face painted with Paint Savvy (fees apply)
- SCOTS will get you moving with a children's castle and mini-golf strip
- Get to know your community Chick-fil-A as they lead you through a kid-friendly activity
- Learn more about instruments with Bach to Rock with a musical instrument petting zoo
- Test your fine art skills with Kids Together as you make paper tree collages