Businesses in Cary are going green! Find out what you can do to get your business started by going to the State’s Environmental Assistance Center
There are many things residents can do to reduce their environmental footprint. It all starts with you! The Town of Cary wants to support our citizens’ desire to live a more healthy and sustainable life. Learn more about how you can get engaged by exploring the sustainability webpage and the resources below.
Getting involved in the community can be enriching and fulfilling. Below are some resources to get residents started on volunteering and making an impact.
- Spruce – Keep Cary clean and green! Help keep Cary beautiful by joining the Spruce volunteer program. Learn more about litter control and other community events to keep Cary beautiful.
- Adopt a Spot - Claim your part of Cary to beautify such as a park, trail, or roadway and be recognized with a personalized Adopt a Spot sign.
- Environmental Advisory Board – This group advises the Town Council on best practices and ideas to conserve natural resources.
- Community Emergency Response Team – Help your neighborhood be more resilient in the face of extreme weather by training to help during a disaster event.
Neighborhood Improvement Grant
Interested in improving your community? The Town of Cary offers up to $5,000 in grant funds to improve the health of your neighborhood through environmental enhancements, beautification, clean up days, and more. Learn about the program and how to apply.
Electric Vehicle stations – public locations
The Town of Cary supports electric vehicles and currently has three locations with charging stations. Are you looking to plug in while in Cary? Find out where the charging stations are installed.
Looking for resources on sustainability in the region? Learn more about how you can get involved in sustainability in the Triangle.
- Home Energy Conservation Program, NC State Cooperative Extension
Stay connected with what the Town is doing around sustainability.