Live Traffic Map
Get a real-time quick glance of the traffic conditions at intersections and streets within and adjacent to the project footprint. The Waze map may be used to evaluate traffic conditions within the project limits.
What’s Happening Now
October 21, 2019
- Walker Street between Waldo Street and E. Chatham Street is closed and is scheduled to reopen this winter.
- Conduits are being installed to bury overhead utilities underground.
- Installation of a new 8” waterline on Waldo Street has been completed.
- Installation of a new 16" waterline on S. Walker Street has been completed.
- Storm drainage and curb and gutter along S. Walker Street has been completed.
- Sewer Line Point Repairs and Sewer Services at S. Walker St. and Waldo St. has been completed.
- Continue underground conduit installations on E. Chatham Street and Walker Street.
- Temporary intersection closure of S. Walker Street and Waldo Street (October 21-26).
- Various traffic control operations including pedestrian accommodations.
- Utility coordination and planning in advance of working in the intersection of E Chatham Street and S Walker Street.
Map of Construction Phases and Intersection Closures
Phase I (Waldo St. & Walker St. Intersection Closure): Aug. to Oct. 2019 (Detour Map)
Phase II (S Walker St. Closure from E Chatham to Waldo St.): Sept. to Dec. 2019 (Detour Map)
Phase III (E Chatham and Walker St. Intersection Closure): Nov. 4th to Nov. 18th 2019 (Detour Map)
- Sewer repairs and improvements
- Stormwater improvements
- Water main replacement and improvements
- Aerial utility relocation to underground for new traffic signal
- Upgraded sidewalk, curb, asphalt pavement and long life pavement markings
- New architectural decorative black painted metal traffic signal poles and equipment
To ensure safety to the workers, business owners, drivers and pedestrians during the work, the Contractor will close portions of Walker St., Waldo St. and E. Chatham St. at intermittent phases, during the project.
At least one-travel lane will remain open during the work periods where traffic is to be maintained through the work area.
Electronic changeable message signs will be used at the site to announce street and intersection closures in advance of the work.
Begin Construction – August 19, 2019
Phase I – Close Walker and Waldo Street Intersection – August 19th to September 1, 2019 and October 21st to October 26, 2019.
Phase II – Close Walker Street between E. Chatham and Waldo Street – September 1 to December 31, 2019
Phase III – Close Walker Street and E. Chatham Street Intersection – November 4th to November 18th 2019 (2-week period)
Substantially Complete Project (excludes metal signal poles/equipment) - Summer 2020
Complete Architectural Decorative Traffic Signal Poles/Equipment - Late-Fall 2020
Final Project Completion - Winter 2021