Project Update: August 29, 2019
The new mast arm signal poles were activated yesterday and the wooden poles are being removed. This will allow the contractor to complete the roadway and sidewalk work within these areas. All construction should be complete by the end of September to allow our Public Works staff to begin the landscape work in October.
Construction improvements at the Cary Parkway and Kildaire Farm Road intersection are currently on schedule. Most recently the contractor has been working on clearing and grading for the retaining wall on the southwest corner and the turn lane extension in the median of Cary Parkway. The contract includes new landscaping for the vegetation that was removed in these areas. Town staff has recognized that this work has created a blank canvas for us to improve the visual impact to this area and staff is working on a new and more engaging landscaping design for this area. Given the time of year, we anticipate installing new trees and shrubs during the fall, and planting perennials next spring. We look forward to seeing a fresh new look in this area courtesy of Town staff!
Private Utility Relocations
Work is scheduled to begin March 2019.
- New eastbound and westbound right turn lanes on Cary Parkway
- New southbound right turn lane on Kildaire Farm Road
- Extend the eastbound left turn lane on Cary Parkway
- Metal pole mast arm signal upgrade
- Landscaping re-vegetation plan (Proposed Conceptual Landscaping Replacement Plan, Proposed Vegetation Concept Plan)
- Construction to be complete Summer 2019