Gigabit Fiber

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Construction Concerns

Call 911 immediately if you believe there is a risk of injury or death.

For questions or concerns about construction in your area, call the number on the vehicle, door hanger, or:

If you’re not sure which company is responsible for the work or if you’re not satisfied with the company’s response, contact the Town.

311 or (919) 469-4090 weekdays from 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
(919) 469-4012 after hours or during holidays

Service Request Portal

Filing Formal Complaints

The State of North Carolina, not the Town of Cary, grants telecommunications companies their franchise agreements to do business in Cary. They enforce the associated regulations according to provisions of the Federal Communications Commission. Register complaints with the State by contacting the NC Attorney General’s Office and/or the NC Utilities Commission.

Service Questions

For information about new service or to report problems about existing service, contact:


Blue, purple, green, orange, yellow, white and/or pink paint markings will be sprayed on the ground several weeks before construction. The paint tells contractors where existing underground utility lines are to avoid them when digging. The paint usually disappears in a few weeks.




Most companies provide informational door hangers in advance of their work. Sub-contractor vehicles/equipment may not be marked with the contracting company’s name. Time Warner Cable vehicles should be marked "Authorized Contractor for Time Warner Cable."


Work on public streets, or in rights-of-way, is governed by a permit issued by the Town of Cary or the NC Department of Transportation. This depends on which entity owns the road.

public right-of-way area is designated between most streets and the adjacent private property. It is where service providers are allowed by law to place their fiber along with water/sewer/electrical lines. It can include the area from the curb towards your home for about 11 feet (or about five feet of grass, a five foot-wide sidewalk and an additional one foot behind the sidewalk).

Contractors should receive permission from property owners before working on private property.

Time of Day

Work typically occurs weekdays 7 a.m.–6 p.m. but may go longer in some cases. While construction noise can be as loud as necessary during these permitted times, you should not be bothered by noise in your home or business outside of this time frame. If you are, call the Town of Cary Police non-emergency line at (919) 469-4012.


In most cases and with weather permitting, private property should be restored to its original condition within about 10 business days after completion.

Companies are not required by law to coordinate their activities or co-locate their infrastructure. Therefore, even after one company is finished and the property is restored, other companies can come through the same area and start the process anew.

Construction in your area does not mean that new or improved service will be available to you soon. It could be many months or never at all, since companies are not required by state law to serve every property in Cary.

Building Better Telecommunications – Gigabit Fiber Construction

Google has announced the opening of its new FiberSpace and the beginning of sign-ups in parts of Raleigh, Durham and Cary. 

Visit Google Fiber to learn more

Numerous private contractors working for companies like AT&T, Google, and Spectrum are constructing new and upgrading existing communications infrastructure – including gigabit fiber - throughout Cary. This should bring more services, capabilities, and choices for those living and doing business in our community.

The Town of Cary is not doing any of this work.


Watch Google Fiber's videos on what to expect during construction.