17-REZ-14 “Fenton” is a proposed mixed-use development that is located in the Eastern Cary Gateway Special Planning Area. The applicant is proposing to rezone an approximately 92-acre site to mixed use district (MXD). The site is located on the north side of Cary Towne Boulevard between I-40 and Adams Elementary School.
The MXD rezoning requires a preliminary development plan (PDP), which proposes vertically mixed uses designed around an ‘L-shaped’ main street where residential and/or office uses are located on top of ground-floor retail tenants. The PDP layout consists of a curvilinear grid pattern of streets and provides a variety of pedestrian corridors. A total of eight parking decks are proposed, with many of the buildings wrapping around and screening the decks. Several office buildings and one or more hotels are proposed as part of the project. Six community gathering areas are also integrated into the development to provide both passive and active opportunities for residents and visitors.
Actions to Date
- Nov. 10, 2016: Adoption of 16-CPA-06 Eastern Cary Gateway SPA
- January 24, 1017: Adoption of Imagine Cary Community Plan
- April 26, 2017: Initial Submittal of Eastern Cary Gateway Mixed Use Development District Rezoning (renamed “Fenton”)
- July 12, 2017: Neighborhood Meeting
- Nov. 2, 2017: Town Council Public Hearing
- Nov. 16, 2017: Town Council Public Hearing