On January 28, 2020, the developer proposed several changes to Fenton’s existing zoning and preliminary development plan. The proposed zoning and preliminary development plan continue to include vertically mixed uses designed around an “L-shaped” main street where residential and /or office uses are located on top of ground floor retail tenants. The proposal does not include any additional floor area. In general terms, the proposal includes the following changes and adjustments:
- Adding additional uses in selected building pods
- Adding vertical integration for 3 building pods
- Adding a drive-thru ATM adjacent to parking deck D-1
- Remove building pod 9 and replace with an expanded footprint for parking deck D-3
- Increasing building height for 4 building pods up to a maximum of 12 stories (no additional square footage is being requested; allows for rearrangement of existing development program)
- Relaxing the more stringent architectural requirements for Decks D-3 and D-4 and allowing these decks to match the required appearance/screening of the other decks in the development
Some other proposed minor changes include clarifying the definition of “vertical integration,” increasing flexibility with the placement of retaining walls and landscaping along Cary Towne Boulevard, adding flexibility regarding the location of trash collections, and allowing gated parking for residences within parking decks.