Snow, sleet, freezing rain…along with freezing temperatures, winter in Cary brings a wide array of precipitation. Typically, there is at least a two to three day advance warning of adverse conditions; however, it’s important to prepare for winter weather now before it strikes.
- Be proactive and locate and learn how to use your residence’s master water shut off valve in the event of frozen/broken utility pipes.
- Do not park on streets so that Town equipment can service the area.
- Be neighborly and check on neighbors to ensure everyone is OK.
- Provide adequate ventilation for heat sources using fossil fuels. Never use grills inside home or garage to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning in the home.
- If you must venture out, review the North Carolina Highway Patrol’s tips for driving in winter weather.