For the Public
Members of the publicAt the Town of Cary we’re happy to offer an option to allow you to electronically participate in some meetings of our appointed boards and commissions. Any member of the public wishing to electronically participate in meetings that meet requirements of Policy 150 (the general rules of order for appointed Town groups) and the Board-specific Rules of Procedure.
Requesting to participate by phone
The Town has a conference phone system that allows a maximum of 20 individuals to participate in most board and commission meetings by phone on a first come, first serve basis. Meeting dates are on the Town's calendar. Contact the town clerk as soon as possible and no later than noon on the meeting date to request to participate by phone and to receive the conference call number.
Thank you for abiding by these best practices:
Getting ready for the meeting
- View the meeting agenda in advance of the meeting.
- Plan to have access to the agenda and any materials linked to the agenda during the meeting (i.e., via internet or printed materials)
- Decide how you will connect via voice
- BEST quality: Landline phone
- NEXT best quality: cell phone
- Lowest potential quality: Voice over IP (depending on the bandwidth of connection)
- Join the meeting 15 minutes before the designated start time
- Introduce yourself by name when you arrive at the meeting
- Ensure your device has a “mute” feature; test the “mute” feature to ensure it works
During the meeting
- Save your comments for the public comment portion of the meeting
- Use the "mute" feature unless you are speaking
- State your name and request permission from the Chair to speak
- Be considerate of others and take turns talking
- Do not interrupt other speakers
- Abide by speaking time limits stated by the Chair
- Remember to use the “mute” feature after making your comments
- Ensure others in your environment realize you are electronically participating in a meeting
- Keep background noise to a minimum
Thank you for participating in YOUR Town government!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This meeting may be audio recorded. By joining this meeting, you automatically consent to such recording. If you do not consent to the recording, discuss your concerns with the town clerk prior to the start of the meeting or do not electronically participate. An alternative to electronically participating is to physically attend the meeting. Please note that any such recordings are public records and will be shared with others upon request.
Town Clerk's Office