The application period is now closed.
If you are interested in knowing when the advisory volunteer opportunities are available again, please email Deputy Town Clerk Brittany Strickland.
Guides the Town Council in ongoing, open effective, multilateral communications with Cary Citizens and other publics through idea generation and implementation in traditional and innovative media, including new and emerging technologies.
Goals/Work Plan Highlights
- Review Town’s current communications and provide feedback to the council.
- Continue involvement with Town applications.
- Provide feedback on upcoming Town websites.
- Review results from Town surveys.
- Review and make recommendations on the Town technology projects.
- Powers and Duties
- Serves as an advisory body to the Town Council.
- Authorized to hold meetings, set goals/work plans, and make recommendations to council and staff.
- Must produce and present an annual report of the board’s activities to the Town Council.
- Generally meets the first Monday of the month at 6 p.m.
- Members usually spend about 1-1/2 hours a month in meetings.
Two members each with (1) special training or expertise in internet applications, development or design; (2) special training or expertise in marketing, advertising or public relations; and (3) special training or expertise in mass media such as radio, television, cable or newspaper.
Four members from the general public.
- All members must reside with the Town of Cary corporate limits.
Questions should be directed to Chief Information Officer Nicole Raimundo by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 919-469-4027.