Subcommittee Members: Elizabeth Adams, Reid Miner, Rajit Ramkumar (Secretary) and Danna Widmar (Chair)
NOTE: Roy Legaard and Shuchi Gupta (previous Chair) were initially members, but have resigned.
At their February 19, 2013 meeting, the EAB formed a Shale Gas Development Subcommittee comprised of the EAB members shown above. The EAB tasked the subcommittee with the following work plan pertaining to shale gas development:
- Monitor and update the EAB about potential legislation
- Review, understand and report to the EAB potential risks to the Town
- Review, understand and report to the EAB potential risks to homeowners
- Make recommendations to the EAB about educating and communicating risks to the Town Council
- Make recommendations to the EAB about what the EAB can do to ensure shale gas development does not result in negative impacts to Cary’s quality of life, health and economy
- Make recommendations to the EAB about what the EAB can do to advise the Town Council and staff about potential approaches to address adverse consequences
The subcommittee will present a final report to the EAB on or before the EAB's November 12, 2013 meeting. The EAB will dissolve the subcommittee at that time.
For reference, view information on the former Shale Gas Development Task Force and the final report presented to the Town Council on August 23, 2012.
Subcommittee Operating Procedures (adopted April 18, 2013)