The application period for our citizen advisory boards and commission, and council committee is now open until July 31.
Read more about the recruitment period and appointment process in our FAQs.
Type of Advisory Volunteer Opportunities
Citizen Advisory Boards and Commission (currently recruiting for these groups)
Council Committees (currently recruiting for the Economic Development Committee)
Special Committees / Task Force
Other Advisory Volunteer Opportunities
General Guidelines for Advisory Volunteer Opportunities:
- All volunteers must live within Cary's Corporate limits or, where applicable, in Cary's ETJ.
- Current Town of Cary employees are not eligible to volunteer.
- All citizens appointed to any board or commission are required to read and sign the Ethics and Conflicts of Interest Guidelines for Town Advisory Boards and Commissions and to familiarize themselves with the Boards and Commissions General Rules of Order.
- Council members follow the board appointment policy to make appointments to the various boards and commissions.
- Appointments are for three-year terms, except where unexpired terms are being filled.