The application period for the Athletic, Cultural Arts and Greenway Committees is now open through October 4th at midnight.
Interested Cary residents should complete an application.
The application period for boards and commissions is now closed.
All applications have been provided to Town Council for review and they will determine who to recommend for appointment. The council liaison of the board will make the final decision on who to interview and/or appoint. The appointments are made in September. The terms of those appointed start on October 1, 2019.
If you are interested in knowing when the advisory volunteer opportunities are available again, please email Deputy Town Clerk Brittany Strickland.
Whether you are interested in recreational activities, cultural events, technology issues or land-use practices, the Town of Cary has opportunities for you to volunteer to share your time and talents.
Things to know about volunteering for a board or commission:
- All volunteers must live within Cary's Corporate limits or, where applicable, in Cary's ETJ.
- Current Town of Cary employees are not eligible to volunteer.
- All citizens appointed to any board or commission are required to read and sign the Ethics and Conflicts of Interest Guidelines for Town Advisory Boards and Commissions and to familiarize themselves with the Boards and Commissions General Rules of Order.
- Council members follow the board appointment policy to make appointments to the various boards and commissions.
- Appointments are for three-year terms, except where unexpired terms are being filled.
In addition to boards and commissions the Town, at times, forms special committees and task forces to work for a finite time on specific, current issues. Appointments to these special groups are made as needed and terms of service vary. For more information visit the Town's Web site.
For citizens interested in economic development the Town has another standing committee, the Economic Development Committee, whose membership consists of members from the Town Council, Town staff, Cary Chamber and Cary citizens.
Town Clerk's Office