Volunteers help make it possible for the Town to provide programs and services to citizens of Cary and the surrounding communities. There are many ways you can serve:
- Lend your expertise to Town Council through one of our boards, commissions and committees.
- Support the town's recreational and cultural resources on the Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources' Advisory Board, Public Art Advisory Board or the Greenways, Athletics, or Cultural Arts Committee.
- Join the committee that helps put on our world-class arts festivals, Lazy Daze and Spring Daze.
- Serve as a coach for the organized youth athletic leagues
- Assist at various special events such as Lazy Daze and Spring Daze Arts & Crafts Festivals, Cary Road Race, Wheels on Academy, Summerfest Concert Series, Dog Days, Safe-n-Sane Halloween
- Assist with special projects
- Volunteer to help keep our trails and parks clean by planning a work day, adopting a park or joining us for an existing work day
- Assist with Senior Citizen events or teach senior classes
- Serve as a docent at Page-Walker Arts & History Center
- Serve as an usher at The Cary
- Assist with Applause! Cary Youth Theatre
While volunteers are appreciated 365 days of the year, we formally recognize volunteers at an Appreciation Picnic each fall. This event is a time to give special thanks to all our volunteers and their families. Festivities include games, prizes (donated by area businesses), family activities, entertainment, and tons of food.
The public has the opportunity to nominate deserving volunteers with the Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources Department for various awards. Nomination forms may be submitted online or by mail. Nominations submitted at this time will be held and considered for the 2019 award presentation. View our Hall of Fame for past Volunteer Award Winners.
Volunteering is a great way to give back to your community. Please contact us at 919-469-4061 for more information on volunteering with the Town of Cary or fill out our volunteer application.