The Town of Cary has declared a State of Emergency and closed Town Hall and all staffed facilities. Critical services including police, fire, sanitation, water distribution, wastewater, inspections and permits, 911, and 311 will continue uninterrupted. If you have a question or need non-emergency assistance, dial 311 within town limits. For emergencies, dial 911. Learn more.
The Town Clerk, who reports directly to the Town Council, is responsible for:
- Giving notice of Town Council meetings, preparing the Council agenda;
- Recording Council proceedings, serving as custodian of all permanent Town records;
- Keeping the Town Seal, attesting all Town documents, maintaining the Town Code;
- Managing the various Boards and Commissions;
- The administration of Hillcrest Cemetery; and,
- Providing support services to the Town Council.
Frequently Visited PagesTown of Cary Code of Ordinances
The official Town of Cary Code of Ordinances and Land Development Ordinance are maintained on the internet by American Legal Publishing Corporation and can be found at www.amlegal.com. The Town Codes and the Land Development Ordinance are available for purchase online at www.amlegal.com or by calling American Legal Publishing Corporation at (800) 445-5588.
Town of Cary Council Minute Archives
Review and search the minutes of Cary Town Council meetings.
Town Council Members
Find out more about the Town Council and the districts it serves.
Virginia Johnson, Town Clerk
Town Clerk's Office