Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Annual Drinking Water Quality Reports
See Annual Water Quality Reports

Building Materials Disposal
See Construction and Demolition debris

Cary Water Chemical Properties
The Cary/Apex Water Treatment Plant maintains 0.7 parts per million (ppm) fluoride in it’s finished water as is required by regulatory authorities for facilities that fluoridate. Our finished water hardness runs between 25 to 30 ppm hardness which is indicative of very "soft" water; as a result, water softeners are not recommended for our customers.

Citizen Convenience Center
Hours open and materials accepted

See Composting Solutions

Hillcrest Cemetery Maintenance 
The Town provides landscape management for Hillcrest Cemetery. All burials and grave openings are conducted by licensed funeral services. Monument installations are conducted by private monument companies on behalf of the family. For guidance and restrictions regarding plantings and decorative landscaping, please see the Town's cemetery ordinance. Information about Hillcrest Cemetery may be obtained from the Town Clerk's Office at (919) 469-4011.

Loose Leaf Pick-Up
See Leaf Collection

Alternatives to leaf collection:

  • Compost leaves in your yard's natural areas
  • Properly bag leaves for regular yard waste collection
  • Transport leaves to the leaf disposal site on North Dixon Avenue
  • Call and request a special loose leaf collection at your convenience; fees may apply. 

For further information call 311 or (919) 469-4090 weekdays from 7 a.m.-7 p.m.

Sewer Stoppages
Indications of a sewer stoppage include plumbing fixtures that do not drain, sewage backing up into tubs or toilets, or if a sewer clean out pipe exists, sewage may be seeping from the sewer clean out pipe at the edge of the property. A sewer clean out pipe is a vertical pipe 6 inches in diameter, that is found within the right-of-way. It allows the Town direct access to the sewer service line and enables the Town to assist the customer with some sewer stoppages.

When a stoppage occurs, call 311 or (919) 469-4090 weekdays from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. or (919) 469-4012 after hours and on holidays. The Town will asses the stoppage to determine if the blockage is on the Town's side of the sewer line or the homeowner's side of the sewer line.

The Town of Cary will clear blockages that occur in the main sewer line or in the sewer lateral, from the main line to the clean out pipe. Homeowners are responsible for blockages that occur in the sewer lateral, located between the clean out pipe and the structure. If there is no clean out pipe at the edge of the property, the homeowner is responsible for blockages that occur anywhere in the sewer lateral.

Smoke Testing
See Smoke Testing

Street Maintenance
Damage to Town of Cary streets should be reported to 311Cary by calling 311 or (919) 469-4090, weekdays from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. or submitting an online service request

Missing and broken storm drain covers or manhole covers should also be reported to 311Cary by calling 311 or (919) 469-4090 weekdays from 7 a.m.-7 p.m.,  or (919) 469-4012 after hours and on holidays.

Progress Energy maintains street lights in Cary. Report outages online or call (866) 326-3344.
To request a new street light, call the Town of Cary Facilities Design & Transportation Services at (919) 469-4030, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Street Sweeping Policy - Program
The Town street sweeper makes one complete cycle through residential streets once every three months. Main thoroughfares are swept monthly (12 times per year). Subdivision and thoroughfare sweeping will cover 600 center line miles.

Utility Fee Structures
The Utility Fee Structure can be found at the Finance Department's Utility Rates.

Wastewater Treatment Process
See Wastewater Treatment

Water Leaks
Whenever a customer experiences a water leak inside their home or business, they should attempt to locate and turn off the main water shut off valve for their structure. If unable to locate or shut off the main water valve, call 311 or (919) 469-4090 weekdays from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. or (919) 469-4012 after hours and on holidays to have the water meter shut off so repairs can be made. The homeowner is responsible for repairs inside the home and outside the home from the home or business to the water meter.

Please report any water leaks in the street or between the meter and the street by calling 311 or (919) 469-4012 after hours and on holidays.

If you notice an unusual increase in your water consumption on your Town of Cary Utility Bill, you may consider checking around the hot water tank and underneath the home for water leaks. Toilets can also be checked for leaks by performing a dye test. Call 311 or (919) 469-4050 to further discuss your water consumption increase.

Water and Sewer Service Lines
The Town will repair leaks, breaks and blockages that occur in the main water or sewer line or in the water or sewer service line from the water meter or clean-out pipe – typically located in the front yard near the property line - to the main line.  Homeowners are responsible for leaks, breaks and blockages that occur in the water or sewer service line located between the water meter or clean-out pipe, and their home/business.  While customers may periodically receive solicitations offering various services related to their utility connections like line protection programs, the Town of Cary is not affiliated with these companies or their offerings. Cary utility customers should weigh the merits of the program, but are under no obligation or requirement to participate.