Our social media sites are family-friendly forums dedicated to informing you of relevant programs, services, activities and initiatives of the Town of Cary, so please keep your comments and wall posts clean. Comments posted to the pages will be monitored, and posters are asked to follow the Town's posting guidelines. Posts found in violation of the guidelines will be removed.
By posting to the Town of Cary's social media pages, you accept and consent to the following:
- Comments and submissions must be topically related to the specific post.
- No graphic, obscene, explicit or racial comments or submissions.
- No comments that are abusive, threatening or intended to disparage or defame anyone or any organization.
- No solicitations or advertisements, promotions or endorsements of commercial services or products.
- No posts about an ongoing investigation or legal or administrative proceeding that could prejudice the processes or could interfere with an individual's rights.
- No copyrighted or trademarked words, images or graphics; items posted on the sites should be owned by the user. All items posted by the Town of Cary are official materials of the Town of Cary, NC local government.
- No comment, photo or video posts that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
- No documents of any kind.
- No posts that support or oppose political candidates or ballot propositions.
- Contact the Town of Cary team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe a post has been mistakenly filtered.
- If you have questions or feedback about any of the Town of Cary's social media channels, or believe a post has been mistakenly filtered, contact us via direct message on any of the platforms, or dial 311 from within Town limits, (919) 469-4000 outside Cary, or by email at email@example.com.
Participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your posts, your username and any information provided.
The appearance of external links or the use of third-party applications on our social media sites does not constitute official endorsement by the Town of Cary. Our social media sites are monitored on Town of Cary workdays during regular business hours. Our goal is to respond to posts as needed within one business day.
Posts to Town of Cary social media sites are subject to the North Carolina Public Records Act and subject to inspection and copying by the public as stipulated therein.