Remodeling, repairs, alterations, decks, porches, and many other projects require a residential building permit. Apply for your permit online and schedule a SPOT appointment or let your application go through the regular review cycle. Complete applications with plot plans, drawings of work, contractor information, and any additional documentation needed for your specific project take about 7 business days to complete.
Both processes begin with your electronic application.
Eligible SPOT projects include
- Decks, porches, storage buildings, additions of less than 500 square feet.
- Interior alterations less than 1,500 square feet.
A plans examiner will advise the applicant if a project is too complex to be reviewed as a SPOT.
Application Instructions for SPOTS and Regular Review
- Submit your application.
- Upload your building plans and plot plan. (If your are unable to scan and upload your documents staff will assist you. If you need staff help the size of your plans cannot exceed 11 x 17 inches.)
- Schedule an appointment if you would like a SPOT review or skip this step if you would prefer regular review.
SPOT Appointment Instructions (Effective 7/1/19)
SPOT appointments reduce wait times and allow your permit review to be more predictable. They are available Monday - Friday from 8-11 a.m.
- Schedule your appointment 24 hours in advance.
- Staff will confirm your SPOT permit appointment.
- Visit the Development Support Counter, 316 N. Academy Street, on your scheduled date.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for staff to process your documents if you did not upload them.
- Staff will review the documents while you wait and the permit will be issued if it is complete and all issues are resolved.
If your appointment options are too many days out on the calendar, email email@example.com and staff will check for an open appointment slot.
Regular Review Instructions
- Monitor your email. All communication from staff will be emailed.
- If you are notified of missing information or documents, log into your IDT account and respond to the open issues.
- If you need to upload new plans or documents you must upload all pages again so your second submittal is complete.
- Once your permit is approved you'll receive an email from staff with instructions for paying for your permit, printing your documents and picking up a permit card.
Residential Trade Permits
See Building Permits Online for information about:
- Water Heaters
- Heating and Air
- Electrical service changes
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Installation of electrical fixtures and circuits
- Water and sewer line replacements
- Gas line installations (for gas logs, grills and appliances)
- Generator installations
(This site is NOT for SPOT Permits)
- Call (919) 469-4046, Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Visit Who’s My Inspector? to find your assigned inspector and cell phone number.
- Call your inspector between 7 and 7:30 a.m. to get an ETA or discuss time restrictions.