Remodeling, repairs, alterations, decks, porches, and many other projects require a residential building permit. Apply for your permit online and schedule a SPOT appointment or let your application go through the regular review cycle. The regular review cycle is approximately seven business days.
Both processes begin with your electronic application.
Eligible SPOT projects include
- Decks, porches, storage buildings, additions less than 500 square feet.
- Interior alterations less than 1,500 square feet.
A plans examiner will advise the applicant if a project is too complex to be reviewed as a SPOT.
Application Instructions for SPOTS and Regular Review
- Submit your application.
- Upload your building plans and plot plan. (If your are unable to scan and upload your documents staff will assist you. If you need staff help the size of your plans cannot exceed 11 x 17 inches.)
- Schedule an appointment if you would like a SPOT review or skip this step if you would prefer regular review.
SPOT Appointment Instructions (Effective 7/1/19)
SPOT appointments reduce wait times and allow your permit review time to be more predictable. They are available Monday-Friday from 8-11 a.m.
- Schedule your appointment 24 hours in advance.
- Staff will confirm your SPOT permit appointment.
- Visit the Development Support Counter at Town Hall, 316 N. Academy Street, on your scheduled date.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for staff to upload your documents if you did not upload them.
- Staff will review the documents while you wait and the permit will be issued if everything is approved. If not, you will be notified of what you need to complete the permitting.
Regular Review Instructions
- Monitor your email. All communication from staff will be emailed.
- If you are notified of missing information or documents, log into your IDT account and respond to the open issues.
- If you need to upload new plans or documents you must upload all pages again so your second submittal is complete.
- Once your permit is approved you'll receive an email from staff with instructions for paying for your permit, printing your documents and picking up a permit card (when applicable).
Residential Trade Permits
See Building Permits Online for information about:
- Water Heaters
- Heating and Air
- Electrical service changes
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Installation of electrical fixtures and circuits
- Water and sewer line replacements
- Gas line installations (for gas logs, grills and appliances)
- Generator installations
(This site is not for SPOT Permits)
- Call 311 or (919) 469-4046 weekdays from 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Visit Who’s My Inspector? to find your assigned inspector and cell phone number.
- Call your inspector between 7 and 7:30 a.m. to get an ETA or discuss time restrictions.