Submit applications and plans for the activities listed below on our online plan review portal.
- Commercial – all
- Irrigation - all
- Residential – new construction
Residential – additions and alterations (standard review)**
Changes to Development Plan Review Process (Effective Jan. 30, 2019)
We've taken the guess work out of what to call a plan and how much to pay.
Names and tiers for development plans
All development plans will be classified in Tiers: 1, 2 or 3. The former designations Major, Minor and Minor Alteration will no longer be used.
The plan tier will be based on the scope of the work.
- Tier 1: subject to all required improvements and dedications
- Tier 2: subject to dedication of ROW and easements only
- Tier 3: exempt from all required
Staff will assign the appropriate tier during the initial review.
Application and filing fees
- $150 application fee will be required with initial submittal. The application fee does NOT apply as a credit toward filing fee.
- Development plan filing fee will be determined by staff during the first review when the plan tier is assigned; the amount will be included with your first-round review comments and will be due prior to resubmittal for a a second review.
The online application has been streamlined, removing redundant site data questions.
The applicant should notify staff of development plan submittals and the application fee will be set up, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-469-4046.
- Site/subdivision plan (full or sketch)
- Changes to development plan (formerly called minor alterations)
- Preliminary development plans accompanying a rezoning application
Other Applications & Plans
- Pre-application conferences with Development Review Committee (DRC)
- Real estate plats
Development applications except for Real Estate plats may be submitted at any time. Real Estate plats should be submitted by Monday afternoon (5 p.m.) to be included in a given review cycle.
Application and Filing Fees
Some applications require payment of fees prior to acceptance for review. For applications accepted on scheduled dates, such as plats and development plans, all applicable fees must be paid by the close of business on the submittal deadline.
Payments can be made in person at the Planning and Development Services counter, located on the first floor of Town Hall, or by calling us at (919) 469-4046 to pay by credit card.
- View the Online Plan Review Instructions.
- Contact the Planning and Development Services Department at email@example.com or (919) 469-4046.
- The online portal is optimized for Internet Explorer; some features might not be available when using other browsers.