Herb Young Community Center, Cary Senior Center to Serve as Early Voting Sites for November 3 General Election
- One-stop early voting for the November 2020 general runs Oct 15 - 31 at Herbert C. Young Community Center and the Cary Senior Center.
- Cary residents who reside in Chatham County must visit one of the six Chatham sites to vote.
- Photo ID is not required to vote in the 2020 general election.
Cary, NC – Beginning Thursday, Oct 15, two locations in Cary will serve as one-stop early voting sites in the 2020 general election. Voters can cast ballots at Herbert C. Young Community Center, 101 Wilkinson Ave., or the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury O'Dell Pl., at the following times:
- Thursday, Oct. 15 and Friday, Oct. 16: 8 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 17: 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 18: 1-6 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 19-Friday, Oct. 23: 8 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 24: 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 25: 1-6 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 26-Friday, Oct. 30: 8 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 31: 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
Cary residents who reside in Chatham County must vote at one of Chatham’s six early voting sites. A photo ID is not required to vote in the 2020 general election. Those sites, along with a schedule of dates and hours, can be found here.
Each voting location, including early voting, will take significant precautions to protect voters and election officials against the transmission of COVID-19. Some of those precautions include enforcing social distancing at polling places and early voting sites, providing hand sanitizer and masks for voters and election workers who do not bring their own, and providing gloves and face shields for election workers for a full list of precautions, please visit the Voting and Coronavirus page of the NC State Board of Elections.
If residents choose to vote on Election Day (November 3), their precinct polling location can be found by using the interactive map on the Town of Cary website. As some locations may change from year to year, it is recommended for residents to check the map before heading to the polls. The Interactive Map can be found at townofcary.org/elections.
Julie Clifton, Deputy Town Clerk, (919) 319-4508