Last updated September 4, 2020
The Town of Cary is under a State of Emergency in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The State of North Carolina is currently under Governor Cooper's Safer at Home Phase 2.5, which restricts occupancy, gathering size, and business operations and is in effect until at least October 2. Executive Order 147, issued June 26, requires face masks in both indoor and outdoor public spaces where physical distancing of six feet is not possible at all times.
Cary Town Hall and all other staffed facilities, with the exception of the Citizen’s Convenience Center, are closed to the public. Cary programs and events have been canceled until further notice.
What We’re Asking of Citizens
- Stay at home. Please only travel away from your home for essential needs.
- Reserve calls to 911 for imminent threats to people or property.
- Maintain social distancing of six feet from other people when possible, as recommended by the CDC.
- Always follow best practices for good personal hygiene such as hand-washing.
- Wear a mask in public places where it is not possible to social distance, as required by the Governor's Executive Order
- Whenever possible, stay home if you’re sick, and as always, take care of each other in every situation.
Recent Town of Cary News Releases
This Week in Cary: September 8, 2020
Events, meetings, and alerts will be listed Tuesday through the following Monday.
For more information and activities, view our calendar!
Alerts, Closures & Reminders
Chapel Hill Road Improvement Survey
Do you live near or use Chapel Hill Road inside the Maynard loop? We're looking to those who live, work, and travel in Cary to help determine the area's greatest needs for future developments. You can help by filling out this short survey.
Cary Teen Council New Membership Applications
Cary Teen Council is offering online-only new member registration for 2020-21 through September 18. Eligible applicants must be current 8th-10th grade Cary resident teens. Register today!
September is FitCary Month
Free Virtual Events all month long
September is Fit Cary Month and we are celebrating all the ways to get, be, and stay healthy in Cary! Join us for free online activities all month long designed to help you and your family develop and maintain a healthy and enriched lifestyle. Details of all free events at townofcary.org/fitcary.
Events & Meetings
Give Help/Get Help
Financial Assistance with Utilities and Housing
Help is available for citizens impacted financially by the pandemic. Visit our Help for Citizens page for details about assistance programs for rent and utility bills.