Last updated June 25, 2020
The Town of Cary is under a State of Emergency in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The State of North Carolina is currently under Governor Cooper's Safer at Home Phase 2, which restricts occupancy, gathering size, and business operations. Executive Order 147, effective at 5 p.m. on Friday, June 26, extends Phase 2 to at least July 17 and requires face masks in both indoor and outdoor public spaces where physical distancing of six feet is not possible at all times.
Cary Town Hall and all other staffed facilities, with the exception of the Citizen’s Convenience Center, are closed to the public. Cary programs and events have been canceled through July 5. Summer camps have been canceled through August 31.
What We’re Asking of Citizens
- Stay at home. Please only travel away from your home for essential needs.
- Reserve calls to 911 for imminent threats to people or property.
- Maintain social distancing of six feet from other people when possible, as recommended by the CDC.
- Always follow best practices for good personal hygiene such as hand-washing.
- Wear a mask in public places where it is not possible to social distance, as required by the Governor's Executive Order
- Whenever possible, stay home if you’re sick, and as always, take care of each other in every situation.
Recent Town of Cary News Releases
Cary Cancels Annual Lazy Daze Arts & Crafts Festival in Response to COVID-19
- To ensure the health and safety of citizens, vendors, artists, and staff during COVID-19 pandemic, the Town of Cary has canceled its annual Lazy Daze Festival.
- The 44th annual event was scheduled for August 22-23, 2020 at Cary’s Town Hall Campus on Academy Street.
- Town staff is actively reaching out to any remaining vendors, volunteers, artists, sponsors, and entertainers to coordinate the cancellation and refund any deposits.
Cary, NC – To ensure the health and safety of citizens, vendors, artists, and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Town of Cary has canceled its 44th annual Lazy Daze Festival. The two-day event was scheduled for the weekend of August 22-23 at Cary’s Town Hall Campus on Academy Street.
Town staff is in the process of reaching out to all vendors, entertainers, volunteers, artists, and sponsors to coordinate the cancellation and refund any deposits.
For more questions and updates on the cancellation or status of an application, call (919) 469-4061. For more information regarding Lazy Daze, follow the Town of Cary’s Lazy Daze Arts & Crafts Festival on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CaryArtDaze.
If you have specific questions about Town services or operations, dial 311 anywhere in Cary, (919) 469-4000 outside town limits, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.