Last updated May 22, 2020
The Town of Cary is under a State of Emergency in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The State of North Carolina has entered Governor Cooper's Safer at Home Phase 2, which eases some of the restrictions put forth in the Stay at Home order issued in April. Some restrictions to occupancy, gathering size, and business operations are in effect for the duration of this phase.
Cary Town Hall and all other staffed facilities, with the exception of the Citizen’s Convenience Center, are closed to the public. Cary programs and events have been canceled through the end of May. Summer camps have been canceled through July 3.
What We’re Asking of Citizens
- Stay at home. Please only travel away from your home for essential needs.
- Reserve calls to 911 for imminent threats to people or property.
- Maintain social distancing of six feet from other people when possible, as recommended by the CDC.
- Always follow best practices for good personal hygiene such as hand-washing.
- Whenever possible, stay home if you’re sick, and as always, take care of each other in every situation.
Recent Town of Cary News Releases
Cary Cancels Summer Camps Through July 3
- The Town of Cary has canceled Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Resources summer camps through July 3.
- Full refunds will be issued for any camps canceled by the Town due to COVID-19.
- Cary summer camps in July and August are under assessment.
CARY, NC – As part of its ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and in consideration of the health and safety of participants and staff, the Town of Cary has canceled Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Resources summer camps through July 3, 2020. Full refunds will be issued for these camps. The Town previously canceled all classes, camps, and programs, as well as ticketed events and rentals, through May 31. Registration for non-camp summer 2020 programming is postponed until further notice.
Cary continues to monitor the pandemic and work with our partners at the county and state level, making decisions based on their guidance. Assessments regarding camps in July and August are currently underway and will be announced in the coming weeks. For more details about Cary’s COVID-19 response, visit townofcary.org/covid-19.
For refund questions or assistance, contact email@example.com. For questions about other Town services or operations, dial 311 anywhere in Cary, (919) 469-4000 outside town limits, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.