Lace ‘Em Up for the Annual Cary Road Race through Downtown
- Join us for the 41st Cary Road Race in Downtown Cary on Saturday, April 6 with race day registration and packet pick-up beginning at 7 a.m.
- In addition to a 5K, 5-Miler, and Fun Run, enjoy live music, food trucks, local beer, family-friendly activities, and more.
- Pre-registration for the Cary Road Race is $25 through April 2. After April 2, race registration is $35. There is no charge for the Fun Run, but registration is required.
Cary, NC – Join us for the 41st Annual Cary Road Race in Downtown Cary on Saturday, April 6. In addition to a 5K, 5-Miler, and Fun Run, enjoy live music, food trucks, local beer, family-friendly activities, and more until noon.
Pre-registration is now open online but ends April 2. Pre-registration for the 5-miler and 5k is $25, registration after April 2 is $35. The Fun Run is free, but registration is required. Registration fees do not include a moisture wicking T-shirt; if you'd like to purchase, please add $10 for each.
Baby joggers are allowed in both the 5 Miler and the 5K events. The passenger must be secured in the stroller and should be wearing a safety helmet. All strollers require a minimum 14" diameter wheel and must be a heavy-duty stroller designed for racing. Entrants with baby joggers are asked to yield to other runners. No dogs are allowed in the race but are welcomed as spectators.
The awards ceremony for each race will be held approximately 30 minutes after the last participant finishes the race. All runners will have their time recorded in the race results and will be eligible for awards.
Parking is available on Cary Town Hall Campus, public lots on Walker Street and Waldo Street and at the Cary Arts Center. Please note, parking will be prohibited on streets along the race route from 7 a.m. on race day until the streets reopen. Streets in the race route area will be closed and some will inaccessible for the duration of the event to ensure a safe experience for the runners and spectators. Roads that will be impacted by the race route for this year are as follows:
- Academy Street from Cedar Street to Dry Avenue
- Chatham Street from Dixon Avenue to SE Maynard Road
- Cedar Street from North Academy Street to Walker Street
- E. Park Street from Academy Street to Holtz Lane
- SE Maynard from Chatham Street to Cary Towne Blvd (lane closure)
- Ryan Road from Walnut Street to Mayodan Drive
- Mayodan Drive from Ryan Road to Melanie Lane
- Holtz Lane from Melanie Lane to E. Park Street
- E. Circle Drive from Chatham Street to Waldo Street
- Waldo Street from E. Circle Drive to Hunter Street
- Hunter Street from Waldo Street to Webster Street
- Webster Street from Hunter Street to Clay Street
- Clay Street from Webster Street to E. Park Street
Partial road closures will begin at 7 a.m. with the entire route area to close completely to traffic at approximately 8 a.m. on Saturday, April 6. Streets will reopen on a rolling basis as runners clear the course. If you are a resident within the race route, we encourage you to help celebrate with the runners by decorating along the route. Residents will be allowed in and out at the direction of the Cary Police Traffic Control Officers on site.
Kirk Matthews, Program Supervisor, (919) 469-4363
Stephen McNulty, Public Information Specialist, (919) 380-4240
Cary Road Race
Cary Road Race Facebook Event
5K Course Map
5-Miler Course Map
Recreation & Enjoyment
Email & Text Alerts
Town of Cary on Facebook
Town of Cary on Twitter
Town of Cary on Instagram