Cary Town Government and Services Pause for Upcoming Holidays
- During the weeks of Christmas and New Year’s Day, curbside collection will bump one day later for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday households; trees and other natural greenery can be disposed of as part of weekly yard waste service.
- GoCary will not operate on Christmas or New Year’s Day; The Citizen’s Convenience Center will be closed December 25 and January 1.
- Cary Town Hall will close December 21 at 5 p.m. and most staffed facilities, including community and arts centers, will close on December 22 and reopen December 27; the same facilities will be closed on January 1.
Cary, NC – The next two weeks will see slight changes to the Town of Cary’s services and operations in observance of the Christmas and New Year’s Day holidays.
- Curbside Collection: During the weeks of December 24 and December 31, trash, recycling and yard waste for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday households will move one day later. Monday collections will remain the same. Items should be at the curb by 7 a.m. on your collection day and away from mail boxes, fire hydrants and light poles. Citizens can dispose of Christmas trees and other natural greenery as part of their regular curbside yard waste collection as long as trees are free of all artificial materials like lights, tinsel, wire and ornaments.
- Citizens Convenience Center: Our Citizen’s Convenience Center will close at noon on December 24 and will be closed on December 25, and will close again at noon on December 31 and will be closed on January 1, 2019.
- GoCary: GoCary services will not operate on December 25. On December 24 and January 1, GoCary fixed route and Door-to-Door services (Tier I only) will operate from 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. (Sunday schedule). Riders with questions should call (919) 485-RIDE (7433) or email YourRideMatters@townofcary.org.
- Facilities: Town of Cary offices will close at 5 p.m. December 21 and most staffed facilities—including community and arts centers—will close December 22 and reopen December 27. The same facilities will also be closed January 1. The Cary Tennis Park, Sk8-Cary and The Cary Theater will be open; citizens are asked to call the facility ahead before visiting for specific operating hours. Note the NC Chinese Lantern Festival at Booth Amphitheatre is open nightly over the next two weeks, including Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
For more operations and scheduling information, search “2018 Operations Schedule” at www.townofcary.org or call (919) 469-4090. For a list of things to do over the holiday weekend, check out www.townofcary.org/calendar.
Dwayne Jones, Community Recreation Manager, (919) 469-4064
Kelly Blazey, Transit Services Administrator, (919) 462-2080
Bob Holden, Solid Waste Manager, (919) 469-4388
Stephen McNulty, Public Information Specialist, (919) 465-4606
Deanna Hawkes, Deputy Public Information Officer, (919) 380-4240
2018 Town Holiday Operations Schedule
Holiday Collection Schedule
Citizen’s Convenience Center
Christmas Tree Collection
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Facilities
Cary Tennis Park
The Cary Theater
Chinese Lantern Festival