Music & Acrobats Plus Opera Xpress Make for Entertainment-Filled Weekend at Cary Arts Center
- The Marvelous Music Mainstage Series presents Le Cirque Esprit featuring cordis & ABCirque Saturday, March 3 at the Cary Arts Center.
- The Marvelous Music Family Series: Opera Xpress presents The Billy Goats Gruff Sunday, March 4 at the Cary Arts Center.
- Tickets for both events are available now and will be sold at the door if the show does not sell out in advance.
An original combination of custom-made and traditional instruments performed alongside acrobatics and aerialists will take over the Cary Arts Center on Saturday, March 3, followed by an exciting operatic version of a childhood classic on Sunday, March 4.
“Le Cirque Esprit” launches the music of cordis into a dynamic production that fuses their unique sounds with the breathtaking presence of ABCirque, a contemporary cirque from Brooklyn featuring acrobatics and aerialists. The result is a one-of-a-kind spectacle that consumes ground and air. The fun takes the stage Saturday, March 3 at 7:30 p.m. at the Cary Arts Center. Individual tickets are adults $27, seniors (55+) $25, and Family & Friends Four-Pack tickets $92. This marks the eighteenth year of the Marvelous Music Mainstage Series and the first performance of ABCirque at the Cary Arts Center.
Trot back to the Cary Arts Center with kids in tow on Sunday, March 4 when the Marvelous Music Family Series presents Opera Xpress’ The Billy Goats Gruff. The exciting operatic version of the well-known story includes scenes from operates by W.A. Mozart, G. Donizetti and G. Rossini. Individual tickets cost $8.
Tickets may be purchased:
- in person at The Cary Theater, Tue-Fri: 11 a.m.-6 p.m.; and Sat.: 10 a.m.-1 p.m.; and at the Cary Arts Center, Mon.: 4-8 p.m.
- anytime online at www.etix.com
- through the eTix Phone Center, 1-800-514-3849, Mon.-Sat. 9 a.m.-8 p.m.; Sun.: 12-8 p.m.
- at the door the day of show, if not sold out
The Marvelous Music series is nearing its seasonal close. The final Marvelous Music Mainstage Series show is Loren and Mark on May 11 at 7:30 p.m.; the pair is known for their stunning original instrumentals, electrifying improvisation, beautiful renditions of classic melodies, and superb vocal duets. The Marvelous Music Family series ends April 21 at 10 a.m. when Atlantic Coast Theatre presents “Rockin’ Red Riding Hood,” an updated rock musical featuring the history of rock n’ roll creatively woven into the traditional story of Little Red, Jack Lumber, and the Big Bad Wolf.
Sarah Preston, Operations & Program Supervisor – Theater, (919) 462-3969
Carolyn Roman, Public Information Supervisor, (919) 481-5091
Deanna Hawkes, Deputy Public Information Officer, (919) 380-4240