Cary Community Needed to Make Annual Star of Hope Campaign Shine
- The Estrella de la Esperanza/Star of Hope campaign is in its 13th year of collecting and distributing gifts and food to local families in need.
- The campaign runs from Dec. 9-Jan. 6, beginning with the The Arbolito de la Esperanza/Tree of Hope Lighting at the Herbert C. Young Community Center and culminating with the Three Kings Day parade on the Town Hall Campus.
- Those who attend the Arbolito de la Esperanza/Tree of Hope Lighting can make a donation and receive an “Estrellita” (little star) to place on the tree.
Cary, NC –Join the Town of Cary in the 13th annual Estrella de la Esperanza / Star of Hope campaign to celebrate Three Kings Day and support local families in need. The Arbolito de la Esperanza/Tree of Hope Lighting is the kick-off event for campaign on Saturday, December 9 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Herbert C. Young Community Center. The tree lighting is preceded by a traditional Latin celebration in which the public shares in a pot-luck dinner with holiday foods from around the Latin American world. All guests are encouraged to make Estrella donations and then place a star on the tree. Donations will continue to be accepted until January 5, 2018.
The campaign wish list includes:
- Cash donations
- Toys for children ages 11 and under
- Gift card for children over 12
- Canned food, rice, beans and dry goods
At the Cary Three Kings Day parade on Saturday, January 6 from 1-3 p.m., the Three Kings lead community groups and members of the public in a parade filled with music, dance and colorful costumes around the Town Hall campus, ending at the Herb Young Community Center.
Both Estrella de la Esperanza/Star of Hope Campaign events are free and open to the public. Co-sponsored by Diamante, Inc. and the Town of Cary.
For more on, Estrella de la Esperanza/Star of Hope campaign, visit www.townofcary.org or call (919) 469-4061. And for more fun in Cary, follow the Town on Twitter @TOC_Fun and TOC_Downtown and check out the Meetings and Events Calendar at www.townofcary.org.
Adam Bell, Festivals & Events Supervisor, (919) 462-4061
Carrie Roman, Public Information Supervisor, (919) 481-5091
Deanna Hawkes, Deputy Public Information Officer, (919) 380-4240