Loose Leaf Collection Starts in Cary
- Loose leaf collection in Cary runs from Monday, November 6 through Monday, January 22, covering each street in town three times during this period.
- Residents can find information on collection areas and dates by checking their 2017 map and schedule that was mailed out in October.
- Citizens can request an additional loose leaf collection at their address from November to January for a fee of $100 per household.
The Town of Cary’s annual Loose Leaf Collection will run from Monday, November 6 through Monday, January 22, covering each street in town three times during the program. Residents can find information on collection areas and dates on the 2017 map and schedule that was mailed out in October, or use the online map at www.townofcary.org/leaves to search for collection dates by address. Collected leaves are turned into compost by a local commercial composter.
Residents are reminded to follow the Town’s loose leaf collection guidelines:
- Put leaves out no later than 7 a.m. on the first day of collection in your area.
- Place all loose leaves along the curb, avoiding storm drains, water meters, and sidewalks and at a distance from fire hydrants and mailboxes.
- Ensure leaves are free of garbage or other yard waste materials such as brush, branches, large twigs or stones.
- Consider parking your car at a distance from the leaves, so there’s room for the Town’s vehicles to access the leaves for pick up and decrease the chance of dust collecting on personal vehicles.
Citizens can request an additional loose leaf collection at their address from November to January for a fee of $100 per household; call (919) 469-4090 to schedule or submit requests online at services.townofcary.org. At any time during the year, leaves in reusable containers or paper bags can be placed curbside for regular yard waste collection or taken to the Citizen’s Convenience Center, 313 N. Dixon Avenue, at no charge.
For more information, including the collection map and schedule, follow Cary It Green on Facebook, visit www.townofcary.org/leaves or call (919) 469-4090.
Dennis Stanley, Facilities District Coordinator - Public Works (919) 462-3873
Carrie Roman, Public Information Supervisor, (919) 481-5091
Deanna Hawkes, Deputy Public Information Officer, (919) 380-4240