Cary residents who meet the age (60 years of age older) or disability requirements are eligible to register for the Door to Door service, there are two ways to make reservations for Door to Door trips.
- Registered riders may call the GoCary Reservation Center at (919) 481-2020 (ext. 3). Reservation staff are available to take your call Monday thru Saturday from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. Please feel free to leave a voicemail after hours and staff will return your call during normal business hours. All voicemails and emails received the day before to schedule trips for Monday will be prioritized and scheduled first thing Monday morning.
- Send an email to D2D@mvtransit.com and provide the following information when requesting/scheduling a trip:
- Full name
- Home address/trip origin
- Destination address
- Date and time of pick-up desired
- Date and time of return pick-up
Required Reservation Information
The reservations agent will not look up the address for your destination. You must be prepared when you call with all the necessary information, including exact addresses. The reservation agent will provide a pick-up time as close to the desired time as possible. If the trip is for a medical appointment where the return time is uncertain, riders can call the reservation center at (919) 481-2020 (ext. 3) at the end of the appointment to be picked up. In these cases riders will be picked up within one hour, but generally in less than an hour. The last pick-up is 9:30 p.m. for in-town trips, so riders must call no later than 5 p.m. for a pickup.
When calling or sending an email to the reservation center, please have the following information ready for the reservation agent:
- Rider's name
- The exact address of the pick-up location, the reservation staff are not required to identify addresses
- The desired pick-up time
- The exact address of the destination
- The desired drop-off time
- The desired pick-up time for the return trip, if applicable
- The number of people traveling, including caregivers
- Any equipment or special needs (wheelchair accessible van, etc.
*Personal Care Attendants (PCA) may ride for free with passengers who require assistance, but this must be documented on their application for Door to Door service or a direct request (approved by the medical provider) must be faxed to (919) 380-6426.
Other helpful resources, click on the links below.