Door to Door Ticket Assistance Program Guidelines
The Town of Cary offers a ticket assistance program for residents with limited financial means to pay for public transportation service. Below are the program guidelines. Please read through them carefully.
- Applicants must be registered for GoCary's Door to Door Service Program for Cary residents who are 60 or older or disabled. Those who are interested in applying for the Door to Door program must register in person at 120 Maury O’Dell Place Cary, NC 27513.
- Residents may qualify for an allotment of tickets if they receive Medicaid, Food Stamps or SSSI (Supplemental). Applicants must show proper documentation or proof of the federal aid programs at the time of registration.
- Recipients of the Ticket Assistance Program are not allowed to use these tickets for Medicaid-eligible trips. Anyone using Door to Door Service provided tickets for Medicaid-eligible trips may be suspended from applying and receiving tickets through this program.
- Registered Door to Door passengers who meet the specified eligibility requirements for the Ticket Assistance Program must register in person at the Transportation and Facilities Department located on the second floor of Cary Town Hall - 316 N. Academy St. Cary, NC 27513.
- Registration is available by appointment only on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. and ask to speak with a transit staff. Call (919) 469-4086 to schedule an appointment. Please be sure all required documentation is available at the time of registration.
- Qualified residents may receive a maximum credit of $120 worth of tickets per quarter regardless of the amount of credit used in a previous quarter. There will be no tickets mailed; the Town's client database software tracks the usage of the allocation each quarter. Requests will be satisfied on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Quarter 1: July 1-September 20
- Quarter 2: October 1-December 31
- Quarter 3: January 1-April 30
- Quarter 4: May 1-June 30
- Reservation staff will know your account balance at all times, so ask about your remaining balance when you schedule a trip. You should always know if you have credit remaining or if you will be required to pay for all or part of your trip. You may reach GoCary Reservations at (919) 481-2020 (ext. 3) for more information.