Door to Door Ticket Assistance Program Guidelines
Updated January 10, 2018
The Town of Cary offers a ticket assistance program for residents with limited financial means to pay for public transportation service. Applicants must be Cary residents who receive Medicaid, SSI, or SNAP benefits. Eligible applicants currently receive a credit of $120 per quarter to be used for Door to Door trips.
Below are the program guidelines. Please read through them carefully.
- The Ticket Assistance Program is now open to eligible Door to Door and Fixed Route customers.
- The program will follow a fiscal year calendar of July 1st – June 30th.
- Disbursements will be credited to eligible Door to Door customer accounts in quarterly increments of $125.
- Eligible Fixed Route customers will receive three (3) 31-Day passes each quarter. A valid GoCary ID is required when using the pass. Validated passes must be turned in at the end of the quarter to be eligible for the next disbursement.
- Disbursements are non-transferable and do not hold a cash value. Unauthorized use of disbursements and/or passes my result in expulsion from the program.
- Accounts reset on the first day of each quarter. Balances do not carry-over.
- Interested applicants must submit all required documentation, included verification of residency and income, no later than May 31st to be eligible for assistance beginning July 1st.
- The program budget allows for 50 participants at maximum participation levels. If more than 50 (valid) applications are received by May 31st, applicants will be selected via lottery. The remaining applicants will be placed on a wait-list, in the order they are drawn.
- Applications that are received after the deadline will be reviewed for eligibility, with eligible customers added to the wait-list in the order they are received.
- The program budget will be reviewed quarterly. Any remaining balance at the end of each quarter will become available for disbursement in the next quarter. Disbursements will then be made to applicants on the wait-list.
- Any applicant that remains on the wait-list at the end of the program year will receive priority ranking the following year, provided they submit an eligible application by the deadline.
The application period for FY19 benefits will open May 1, 2018. Applications will be available at the following locations:
GoCary Fixed Route and Door to Door Vehicles (ask your driver!)
Cary Town Hall
Transportation & Facilities Dept. (2nd floor)
316 N. Academy Street
Cary, NC 27513
Cary Senior Center at Bond Park
120 Maury Odell Place
Cary, NC 27513
If you have questions about the Ticket Assistance Program, or to request an application by mail, please call (919) 469-4806 or email YourRideMatters@townofcary.org.