Registering for GoCary Door to Door Service
- All seniors age 60 and older and persons with disabilities must go to the Cary Senior Center in order to verify residence, age, and/or disability and to have a photo ID made. A free ride to and from the Senior Center can be provided by calling the reservation center at (919) 481-2020 ext. 3. Medical verification must be provided for those applicants with disabilities.
- Registration forms must be filled out with accurate information. Please see registration forms below for seniors and applicants with disabilities.
- Registration turnaround time for those with disabilities takes approximately 5-7 days or less, contingent upon medical verification provided by health providers.
- Eligible and approved applicants can receive transit services prior to receiving the photo ID.
- Photo IDs will be mailed within approximately two weeks from the date the photo was taken. For those applicants that have been approved by staff for eligibility, trips may be reserved prior to receipt of their photo ID.
Personal Care Attendants (PCA) may ride for free with passengers who require assistance, but this must be documented on their application for Door to Door services or a direct request (approved by the medical provider) must be faxed to (919) 380-6426.
Be sure that you have registered at the Cary Senior Center after filling out the appropriate forms below. You are required to show proof of Cary residency and have a GoCary picture ID made. Examples of document as proof of residency are utility bills, lease agreement, or driver's license. Your application will not be processed unless you have registered at the Cary Senior Center.
Cary Senior Center
120 Maury O' Dell Place
Cary, NC 27513
Door to Door Registration Form
The Door to Door registration form us also used to obtain a Door to Door ID card to be used as proof of eligibility for a fixed route discount fare for seniors and persons with disabilities.
Click on the link below to download the form and follow instructions below.
For Persons Age 60 or Older: Print and fill out Part A only of the for Door to Door service.
Eligibility guidelines do not require a disability application for persons age 60 years or older.
For Persons with Disabilities (younger than age 60): Print and fill out Parts A, B, and C for Door to Door service
Door to Door Service for Visitors
In conjunction with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, GoCary's Door to Door Service provides origin to destination transportation to ADA para-transit certified individuals and those eligible individuals who are not Cary citizens and cannot use the accessible fixed route system due to their disability. This Door to Door service for visitors transports those who meet the eligibility requirements to their Tier I inclusive destinations. Tier I destinations are within 3/4 of a mile from fixed routes in the Door to Door coverage area.
Required Documentation for Visitors
Visiting applicants must provide proof of certification or documentation of para-transit eligibility from their certifying home agency. These documents must be faxed directly to (919) 380-6426 prior to scheduling of a trip to Cary. Please call (919) 469-4086 for questions regarding GoCary Door to Door policies and procedures.
Once all supporting documents have been reviewed, you will be contacted directly by a GoCary staff to schedule future trips. You may also call (919) 481-2020 ext. 3 for questions about trip reservations or scheduling process.
Please provide the following information when speaking to the reservation staff:
- Eligible Customer's Name
- Eligible Customer's Origin/Destination(Location) Address(es)
- Eligible Customer's Requested Pick-Up or Scheduled Appointment Time
- Eligible Customer's Mobility Aid(s), if applicable
- Eligible Customer's Number of Traveling Persons (e.g. Companion and/or Personal Care Attendant).
- Trips may be requested/scheduled up to seven (7) calendar days in advance.
Passengers Living Outside Cary Town Limits
Passengers living out of Cary town limits and are interested with the Door to Door service should contact Wake County's T.R.A.C.S. Program.