DBE Program Policy Statement
Town of Cary shall not discriminate in any manner on the basis of race, color, sex or national origin, and shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE’s) have the maximum opportunity to participate in the performance of contracts financed, in whole or in part, with financial assistance from the United States Department of Transportation (DOT), acting through such agencies as the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). Town of Cary shall implement this DBE Program in accordance with Part 26 of Title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations entitled “Participation by Disadvantaged Business Enterprises in Department of Transportation Programs."
The objectives of Town of Cary's DBE Program are:
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT-assisted contracts
- To ensure that the DBE program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws
- To ensure that only firms fully meeting the eligibility requirements of the DBE program are permitted to participate
- To help create a level playing field on which DBEs can fairly compete for DOT-assisted contracts
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT-assisted contracts
- To help and assist in the development of firms that can compete successfully in the marketplace outside of the DBE program
- To provide appropriate flexibility to establish and provide DBEs opportunities to participate in DOT-assisted contracts in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
These objectives will be implemented through Town of Cary’s DBE Program utilizing race-neutral measures to the maximum extent feasible.
Federal Fiscal Year 2018-2020 DBE Goal
Town of Cary announces a proposed overall goal of 5.1% for the participation of Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) in U.S. Department of Transportation assisted contracts until the end of the federal FY 2018-2020 (July 1, 2017-June 30, 2020).
All questions and/or comments about Town of Cary’s DBE Program and persons or firms interested in becoming certified as a DBE should contact: Ana Orlowsky, DBE Liaison Officer, Town of Cary, (919) 469-4086, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.