The 50-acre tract, formerly the Bartley family farm, is on the south side of Penny Road near Holly Springs Road. Located in southeastern Cary, the outstanding natural and man-made features of the park site present an opportunity to create a unique facility in the Town’s recreational offerings.
- Playground - A unique structure for ages 2-12
- Sprayground - The Town's first splash pad has nine water features and is for age 12 and younger.
- Dog Park - Passes can be purchased for this off-leash dog park at any of the Town's community centers. The passes are valid for Jack Smith Park and Godbold Dog Parks.
- Climbing Boulder - This 10-foot tall climbing rock for beginner to experienced climbers is inspired by nature.
- Picnic Shelter - The picnic shelter can accommodate up to 20 people. It is available for reservations October 1-April 30. Due to sprayground operations, reservations are not accepted May 1-September 30.
- Picnic Tables
- Greenway Trails
- Public Art - Artists Vollis Simpson from Lucama, NC and William Moore from Pittsboro, NC were commissioned to create unique features for the Park. Both drew inspiration from the land's former use as a farm.Simpson’s three whirligigs,made from cast off machine parts and farm equipment,spin in the breeze. Moore's flock of nine Suffolk sheep, a distinctive feature of the original Bartley farm, will graze in the open play field near the playground area.
- Operates daily 10 a.m.–8 p.m. The sprayground closes for the season at the end of September. It reopens in mid-May.
- No lifeguard on duty. Use at your own risk.
- Splash pad availability is weather dependent. You must exit with anysignof thunder, lightening, or severe weather.
- Swim suits and/or appropriate attire must be worn at all times.
- Swim diapers must be worn by children who are not potty trained.
- No pets, food, drink or glass containers allowed.
- No running or rough play.
- Do not drink the splash pad water.
- No skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles, scooters, or wheeled toys on the splash pad.
- Any person violating rules may be required to leave the splash pad area.
- Google Maps directions to Jack Smith Park.
- Sunrise to Sunset