Town of Cary Geocaching Guidelines
These guidelines are applicable to geocaches hidden in Town of Cary parks and or along Town owned greenways:
- When hiding, finding, and trading items in a geocache you are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws including park hours.
- All geocaches should be hidden according to the Geocaching.com Cache Listing Requirements/Guidelines published at Geocaching.
- Geocaches are prohibited with Hemlock Bluffs Nature Preserve, within the Cary Dog Parks, on any sports field in a Town of Cary park, in any landscaped area or plant bed in a Town of Cary park.
- Use common sense. Don't hide a geocache in an area that will present a danger to others who might be looking for it or to park or greenway visitors who are unaware of the sport. This includes, but is not limited to, activities such as burying a geocache, or leaving a geocache in a tree.
- Stay on the trails. The trails are there to provide access to sensitive areas, but limit the impact of visitors on those areas.
- No dangerous objects, knives, food or illegal substances may be in geocaches in the Town's parks.
- The Town reserves the right to confiscate any geocache found on park property, for any reason. The Town is in no way responsible for any damage to or loss of geocaches or equipment that is caused by others. The Town is in no way liable for injuries associated with searching for or hiding a geocache.
For more information, contact:
Community Recreation Manager