POLICY STATEMENT 66
ISSUING ENVIRONMENTAL PERMITS PRIOR TO OFFICIAL PLAN APPROVAL
Thomas L. Horstman
Adopted by Council:
To adopt an official policy of the Town of Cary pertaining to the issuance of environmental permits prior to official plan approval.
This policy, upon adoption by the Town Council, shall apply to all persons, companies or corporations wishing to obtain an environmental permit prior to formal site or subdivision plan approval, until such time that the policy statement is altered, modified, or rescinded by the Town Council.
B. Before an environmental permit is issued prior to official plan approval, the following guidelines must be followed:
- Three (3) copies of a detailed erosion control plan and three copies of a detailed sketch plan shall be submitted to the Water Resources Department.
- All buffers must be delineated and protected with tree protection fencing on the plan.
- Plans will not be considered if any variances or special uses are required.
- No utilities, other than storm drainage to accommodate grading, will be installed until the plan has received full plan approval.
- All applicable local, state and federal environmental permits must be in possession of the applicant at the time of permit request.
C. After the plans have been reviewed by Staff and it is determined that the plans meet all requirements of this policy, the early grading permit will be issued within 48 hours.
D. Any work undertaken by the applicant prior to receiving final site or subdivision plan approval shall be at the applicant’s own risk without any claim for compensation or special consideration by the Town.